Monday, August 2, 2010

Thing # 8

1. RSS feeds and readers are very useful for people who need to keep up with a great deal of information but don't have a lot of time. Like educators! I had some problems at first finding things I really wanted to follow. Adding them was easy. Once they were added I had to figure out how to organize them-that's just the librarian in me.

2. After I organized them in the Google reader I had one blog that I purposefully didn't read in the reader and went to my igoogle page and there it was-ready for me to read. I think this will really help me keep more up to date with what everyone else is doing out there. I'm incorporating technology but seem to be a step or two behind the trend. The reader will help some I just have to go to it and see if there is anything new!

3. People in the education field can use this to communicate or share so that all persons don't have to be in the same room. You can check when you have time.

4. I shared something from Google reader and then I went into my igoogle account and tried to share something from there. I couldn't find anyway to share from the reader in igoogle. I'll try again later.They are always updating things. Maybe this is one thing they can add or maybe I'm just overlooking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment