Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing #15

Wow! What a powerful video. I loved it! I want to show all the teachers I work with. We, the educators, need to communicate the way they, the students, communicate and they will better recieve our message.

Library 2.0 means to me that technology is used in some form or fashion. We as librarians and educators need to focus on how we communicate with our students and what we ahve them do for products. We need to hype up our lessons to keep them engaged as they are multi taskers. These students are not the same students that walked though our doors 5 or 10 years ago. They have grown up with the technology. They think about using the technology first.

I loved all the things Michael Stephens had to say about being a Librarian 2.0. I hope this year to morph from a Librarian 1.0 to Librarian 2.0. I think this "class" and doing these "23 Things" is a good step.

"It's going to have to happen one library-one little boat- at a time." Rick Anderson I hope my library or boat, will be able to join the tranformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment