Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing #22

I really like NINGs. I now feel "plugged in." I had joined the TeacherLibrarianNING two or three years ago after attending TLA. At first I didn't see the point. I love it now! It is Face book/wiki/blog Teacher tube social net work especially for LIBRARIANS! It is the ultimate 2.0 application.

I can't wait for school to start so that I can get ideas from other librarians. I don't feel like I'm in this by myself anymore. There is a world of other professionals that is in the same boat I am. Sometimes at school I feel like I am an island. I have no peers to speak of that does the same job I do. Yes I have other librarians in my district but each of us has gotten used to "doing our own thing" that is special for our campus.


I joined the Texas Librarian NING after looking around. It is a fairly new or not well known NING. I can tell because there wasn't an Elementary discussion group so I joined and started one.


I will be visiting the NING more as I need great ideas and as I incorporate more technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment