Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing #17

At first I didn't see the point of Rollyo but then when I watched Bruce's video and how it was set up and how easy it was I bought into it. I had my account started before the end of the video and started looking around. This is going to save me time!

When a grade does a research project I usually set up a page on my website specially for them with all the links they will need to include some cute pictures. This usually takes a day to a weekend and my eyes are all bloodshot. With Rollyo I can do the same thing but I won't have to have an entire page. I just have to give them the address of the Rollyo. They will feel more like they are searching the web and aren't limited to the few links they have on a website.

When I created my Rollyo I went to a website I had created this last school year for a 3rd grade Black History project and put in the major websites that I had searched. It worked great and because I was searching all those sites at the same time I actually found some articles that I had missed when just looking for that one topic.

Thank you for this great tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment