Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing #23!!


I made it! I finished! I was really worried but am glad I finished.

My favorite discovery was NINGS. I love how they have evolved from when I first joined a NING years ago. This is one place I will go back to to get ideas and inspiration.


My favorite activity was the Photostory. I love it when I get "into" a project. I loved the activity so much I skipped lunch and only left my computer to go to the bathroom. Also the basic introduction into the web 2.0 world via hands on activities, like creating a blog (my first). Some activities I had already explored so I explored to a greater extent because I had the time.


This program has not only assisted my learning but had affected it. I have learned that it is OK to try new things and let the virtual world get to know me. Sometimes things work and sometimes it doesn't. You just have to get in and get your hands "messy."



One thing that was unexpected was my husband's reaction to my discoveries and my enthusiasm. He has always been very protective of his reputation and information about him that gets online. I guess that's where some of my fear and resistant was in opening up and letting the world get to know me online. He has realized that this has kept me from communicating and performing my job better and is now willing to spend the money to upgrade my phone so I can text (yes, I have never sent a text) and do all the other cool things my youngest son (22yrs) has done with his phone and all the apps he has. While I respect that he doesn't want to do a lot of these things he respects my feelings and supports and encourages me and my life online.


The biggest improvement I would make to the program would be to make sure when people click on the links it is on an active link. I don't just mean that it works. Make sure that what you want "students" to see is actually being used. When we were looking at wikis I found some from the Library2play site that hadn't been used in 2 years. It gave me the impression that this type of technology was no longer being used.


I can't wait until next year and participate in Library2play2. Could I do Library2play3 in the same summer as Library2Play2? I would expect to have to complete 2 before continuing on to 3. Otherwise I would always feel left behind.


My quote would be that "Many of these 'Things' are things I had been meaning to explore but never seemed to have time. This was the perfect setting for that."


I have already made many comments on others blogs and have gotten one or two from others. I'm ready to go out into "the world" and comment on everything that inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment