Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thing #19


I love cooking and watching the Food Network and the Cooking Channel. So I investigated the Imcooked site.

I love that it is free and so easy to use. People can upload their videos and show off their cooking and or video skills. It was like looking for recipes at first. Then I found one that was really good. It made me feel like I was watching the Food Network. It was very entertaining. There are even videos from famous people like Christopher Walken and Paul McCartney. Alton Brown is on the David Letterman show and that was very entertaining too!

They have different "Channels" which is different types of foods. They have Groups although not too many. I think it is a fairly unknown site as there were less then 4,000 members. There is a place to "Upload" your videos and a place to upload videos to help others on how to make videos,"Creating".

How will all this fit into education? I thought at first it would be great for my students in the library because we need to teach sequencing and step-by-step instructions, How to's. Also it would be good for summerizing or details. I showed classes clips from movies last year and they summerized those after picking out the details.

The "Creating" will be helpful this year because the TIS and I are starting a Technology club. My district just started a technology contest, videos, Photostory, Annimotos, That sort of thing. Students did not know how to create those as the teachers spend most of their instructional time on the basics of reading, writing, math and science. I'm hoping that when I get to school it won't be blocked like all the other video sites like YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks great! You only have 4 steps left! Keep doing a fabulous job! Thanks for your comment. :)
    It feels great to finally be finished!

    ReplyDelete