Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing #13

I LOVE Delicious! I went to TCEA in 2009 and at the end of the conference I was like a deer in headlights. I knew I had to get a Delicious account. If I am at home or at school if I have a site I come accross I can quickly bookmark it. I stay signed in almost all the time I am looking for something.

I went to our Summer Tech Camp last week and heard of more social bookmarking sites. The presenter was Jenni Keith and she was great! She gave us time to play with the new sites. She actually made us sign up for the accounts and some have educator accounts too! Those sites were Symbaloo, ShareTabs, and Diigo which was Furl on the Library2play site. I think that Symbaloo would be good for me to organize the links I use for reasearch with my students. Sharetabs we didn't spend too much time on but Diigo is great. I works with Delicious and you could save links from your phone.


Tagging to me is like subjects in the card catalog. The more tags it has the easier it is to locate, expecially if you are looking for a specifick link and you can't remember what you tagged it as.

No comments:

Post a Comment