Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing #12

I wish this Thing was earlier. I'm just understanding the blogging concept now. Two things I learned from all this and I think is important is:

1. It's 'O.K.' to put yourself out there. If you don't comment on other's blogs then you are not part of the conversation and you are just eavesdropping. My mother taught me that it is impolite to eavesdrop. But I also know it is not alright to interrupt conversations.

2. When you do comment and put yourself out there then you need to sign your posts. It's 'O.K.' to use your real name. I think it is more professional to use your real name then a cute made up alias. I use my real name because I'm not that creative and all I could think of was "Mrs. Cardon" which is what I am called about 90% of the time. The other 10% is "Mom" or "Dear."


3. I went to 5 or more of the blogs in the Library2Play and left comments here and there. I looked at when the last post was. I have discovered through this experience that I like blogs that are more current. I lost count as I had fun reading other's blogs and looking at their backgrounds and how they have customized their blog. I ran across 2 that had finished today. Those blogs looked very professional like they had been blogging for a while.


4. When I was going through the instructions for this thing I mustered up my courage and left comments if I could. Those links that discuss blog etiquette were from 2008 and I felt a little behind the curve ball as it is now 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment